Monday, April 22, 2013

j e a l o u s

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written on here! Sorry for being so MIA friends. 

God has been teaching me so much this last month. Sitting here and reflecting back on how good and faithful He is, even in the disappointing times, just strengthens my faith in how well God will always provide for me. 

Thank you for your prayers about the Sunday night Bible study. I am always blown away each week as I see God working in the lives of the Ticos. It's been a blessing watching some of them come to a new understanding of God's salvation and walk into a new relationship with Him. I've witnessed the power of prayer and how amazing it is to intercede on the behalf of other people. God truly does answer prayer and I believe He honors it when His children faithfully gather before Him and seek His guidance. 

One of the biggest things God taught me this past month was how deeply He truly loves me and how jealous He is for all of me. During our spring break, we all went up the coast to Manuel Antonio and Jaco to have a fun couple days hiking, swimming in the ocean, feeding crocodiles and finding precious little sloths. The first day we were there I ended up losing my iPhone, which I didn't even realize was missing until a couple hours into our adventure. I was bummed because of all the pictures I have on it that I lost (I'm a bit of a picture/Instagram fanatic). Right as I realized my phone was gone, I remembered something I had promised the Lord over a year ago. I was totally blessed by having an iPhone and never expected to even own one. I told God that I never wanted to let an object as silly as a phone come between my relationship with Him or any other people. 

And, wouldn't ya know it, God gave me a chance to see if I was serious about that promise. 

I knew I could get angry for asking another person to take care of my phone and they lost it. I could allow my frustration to ruin the rest of the trip. But I couldn't! Because the Holy Spirit would not let me forget about the promise I made to Him so long ago. I'm so glad God doesn't forget, even though we might! 

The next morning I got up early and left the church where we were staying and started walking down the street to find a local coffee shop. I remember actually  praying out loud as I walked down the street...I must've looked so crazy to the Ticos watching me haha. I was tired from a night of no sleep, I had spider bites all over me, a bad sunburn, a bruised heel and no phone. I told God "Okay, you have my complete attention right now...what are you trying to tell me?!"

And I will never forget the words He told me next. 

He spoke so gently into my heart and said "Don't you see how much I want all of you?" And I was completely speechless at that moment. All of a sudden the tired and frustrated feelings I had completely were covered by the ocean of love I felt from my heavenly Father. How loved am I?! God wants all of me so much that He allowed my phone to be lost. Even if I was only spending an hour on my phone everyday, that was an hour that God wants. From me! Who am I that the Almighty Creator of the Universe would want all of my attention, all of my devotion? But that is what He longs for! Oh, I think of how much His heart must break because I know we all fail at this every day. 

Can I encourage you today friends? Stop what you're doing right now and go spend some time with Jesus. Don't even finish reading my blog! Please! Just go and sit on your knees before the One who desires all of you. I can tell you that I have found such peace and comfort in His arms and I know I still have such a long way to go in loving Him more. 

Just seek Jesus. The way that you know God will translate the way you live your life. Simply draw close to Jesus, commit your ways to Him and trust that He will act (Ps. 37:6) His love will carry you through whatever you're facing right now, beloved friends. 

Please continue to pray for the Study here and the new ticos that have started coming! Pray for the salvation of this people in this valley! Also, please pray that the students and staff here would finish out these last three weeks strongly. I'm amazed at how fast these past four months have gone and it will be bittersweet to leave my home here. 

Thank you for being such an encouragement to me and praying for me. I pray that you are encouraged in the rich love of Jesus Christ!

- aud












No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

Instagram