Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We're here!


Wow!

It has been a crazy past two days, so I am thoroughly enjoying this moment of stillness. I’m sitting in my new apartment with the windows open, feeling the afternoon breeze gently come through. I hear the birds squawking to each other, the occasional conversation in Spanish and the distant noise of car engines.



This culture is so colorful, bright and easygoing. I cannot even tell you how much I am falling in love with Costa Rica!

This morning everyone (staff, interns, their families, students) met for breakfast family style. It is great getting to know everyone and hearing how God brought them to Costa Rica. Everyone is so encouraging and ready to serve in whatever way God asks them to. 

After breakfast we had the rest of the day to go exploring the town! After unpacking, we went grocery shopping for the week. This was so much fun and challenging, mainly because of the language barrier. We spent close to an hour wandering around, reading labels, repeating words in Spanish and figuring out the conversion rates. We finished this small adventure with groceries for the week and a better understanding of everyday life here in San Isidro. 

After lunch all the girls took a trip to...where else? The mall! We wandered around, looking through all the stores and the merchandise. There was a small ice cream shop where we all got cones and tried out more of our Spanish on the employees there. I'm so thankful that the people here are so laid back that they want to help you with Spanish instead of being impatient with us. 

We took the bus back home and enjoyed a quiet afternoon in our apartments. Jill and I decided to make dinner together and we were quiet proud of ourselves when we had finished making a nice spaghetti dinner with our limited resources. Did I hear someone say P31? ;)


Our first day in Costa Rica was finished off by a great worship time. We sung out praises to the only God who is worthy, late into the evening. I am just so thankful to be here with my new brothers and sisters, all sharing one heart that longs to worship and serve our Father. It is truly a blessing to be here and I cannot wait to see what this new day holds. 

Adios mi amigos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

Instagram