Wednesday, February 20, 2013

r e n e w

It's amazing to me that God knows what we need before we ourselves even realize we are lacking something. 

Yesterday the Holy Spirit refreshed me in a way that renewed my spirit and healed parts of my heart that I didn't even realize were broken!

I've shared with you all how frustrating the language barrier has been for me and how discouraging it is to be learning Spanish so slowly when I just want to talk to everyone I meet! Without realizing it, this last week I became intensely focused on this barrier in front of me. 

I also realized yesterday that I have been in Costa Rica for a month! I cannot believe how quickly the time has already gone and how much of a blessing this last month has been. I was hit with this sudden sense of urgency while walking home yesterday...I only have three more months to live in Costa Rica.

I do not want to waste my time here. 

As much as a blessing my new friends, family, culture and experiences are, I do not want them to become my main focus these next few months. My number one purpose for being in Bible College should be to grow in the knowledge of my Lord and Savior and drawing closer to Him every day! This should always be my focus. 

So fast-forward to yesterday afternoon. I'm reading through Numbers 13 (go check it out!!) and when I got to verse 27 my heart literally skipped a beat. My mind was moving a hundred miles an hour and I was immediately on my knees before the Lord. In this passage Moses sent 12 spies into Canaan to spy out the Promised Land. The men came back with giant grapes and a report of how the land was flowing with milk and honey. 

BUT (there's always a "but" with us humans, huh?) 

then the spies reported about the giant people and all the enemies that inhabited the land. The men had seen the promises of God, they knew He had called them to be in the land of Canaan, but they could only focus on the difficulties that they saw in front of them. 

They had forgotten the promises of God. 

And I found myself relating to this passage so deeply! The time I have God speak the clearest to me in my whole life was when He told me "Go to Costa Rica." And here I am! God told me to go, I followed, and now I just need to trust His promises that He will see me through this season of life. 

He knew there would be a language barrier.
He knew I was going to get frustrated.
He knows the plan He has for my life. 
He even knew that I would doubt this plan because I became so focused on the difficulties in front of me instead of the promises of His promises. 

Ha, I am such an Israelite!

The moment I realized this, I was simply overcome by the Holy Spirit. I don't know how else to describe it! I felt such a sense of peace, urgency and purpose in my heart. God's presence was so thick around me and for a moment I forgot that I was on my knees in my living room. All I could see was God's great love for me. 

You guys, this absolutely brought me to tears. 

God knew I needed to be renewed with a fresh anointing of His Spirit! I am so thankful to follow a God who intimately cares for the details of EVERY ONE of His children! Oh beloved friends, cry out to Jesus! Pour out your heart before Him! (Ps 62:8) He is so faithful to come upon His people when He hears His name on their tongues and hearts. 

If I can encourage you with one thing today, it's this:

Evaluate your focus. 

I realized that my focus was not on Jesus. It was on the obstacles in front of me! And the longer I focused on those, the less I could see the power of the Almighty God. Set your sights on the cross and the power that rose Jesus from the grave! God has given us His promises for a purpose...He knew there would be difficulties in our lives, so He made His promises even bigger than our problems. Cling to His promises that are all throughout His word and set your focus on His holy name that is Mighty to Save. 

I love you all and pray that God blesses and keeps you. May His face shine upon you and bring you peace. 

-aud


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

Instagram