Saturday, February 9, 2013

h o p e

Seriously, how great is the God that we serve? I am just blown away by His faithfulness and His promises that cause me to be a prisoner of hope. 

I read that phrase in Zechariah this morning,

"Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope;
today I declare that I will restore you to double."
{ zechariah 9:12 }



I had to stop and just think about that for awhile because it hit me so strongly! I am a prisoner of hope. 
God's promises are so perfectly true that I can be captured by them if I choose to place myself in His stronghold. And not only does He want to be my only refuge, but also He is offering me restoration inside this stronghold! 

I am just overwhelmed by You Jesus!


    So in Costa Rica updates, we have just finished our second week of classes and they are going great! I am really being blessed through the classes and all the different teachers. I'm always so amazed at how living and active the Word of God is! I'm also humbled after every single class because I realize how much I still have to learn about God's Word. He is so big and too marvelous for my tiny mind to ever fully comprehend! 

It's such a blessing getting to know the Ticos and continue to make our way around the town. Yesterday morning all the students and interns left the house at 6 am and we picked up trash at the bus stops in our neighborhood for a couple hours. It was so humbling but also really fun and eye-opening! We already stick out so much in this community, so we were especially obvious yesterday as we were picking up trash. I was laughing to myself thinking about how funny we must look to the Ticos...just a bunch of Americans picking up trash early in the morning must be so bizarre to them. 
But it's giving them something to think about for sure! I love how the school is working to make us known in the community, but not to be known for being Americans or white, but being known because of Jesus. 

Please continue to pray for divine appointments for all of us during this next week. God is continuing to bring new people to the Sunday night study, and last  week our Tico friend Anderson gave his life to the Lord! Hallelujah! God is so good! 

I love you all and thank God every time I remember you. Thank you for constantly encouraging me and blessing my heart. 

-aud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

Instagram